Health Visitors lead and deliver the Healthy Child Programme (HCP).
You can expect to be contacted by the health visiting team to be offered five developmental health reviews from pregnancy to 27 months. This is called the Healthy Child Programme. They will talk with you about your own health as well as your child’s health and well-being. If you need a little extra help they can get you the right support at the right time.
It is important you are available for the reviews offered to you, appointments should be arranged so that both you and your partner can be there. The reviews are also an opportunity for you to ask questions and discuss any concerns you may have.
- Antenatal visit
- New birth review
- 6 to 8 weeks
- 9 months to 1 year
- 2 to 2.5 years
Health Visiting provides a service to all families (dependent on need) these may include:
- Advice of feeding your baby such as introducing your baby to solid foods and dental health
- Advice around child growth and development, undertaking developmental reviews
- Advice on behaviour difficulties, sleeping, potty training
- Advice on safety, family health and minor illnesses
- Postnatal workshops
- Specific support on subjects such as postnatal depression (PND)
- Parenting advice and support and signposting to other agencies
Bump & Beyond Antenatal Classes
Free antenatal classes for first time pregnant women available in Eastbourne, Hailsham and Hastings area for more information Email: CCAdmin.HastingsRotherCCG@eastsussex.gov.uk