We would advise you to phone us to contact the midwife to come out for a homebirth when:
- Contractions are five minutes apart lasting 40 seconds or more and painful.
- Waters have broken.
If however, any of the following occurs we advise a check on the Delivery Suite to ensure it is OK for you to continue to have a home birth:
- You have any vaginal bleeding other than a mucousy show.
- You have any unusual abdominal pain.
- You have excessive oedema, headaches, visual problems, severe vomiting, any other pain.
- You have not felt baby move 10 times within the day.
- You feel generally unwell.
Contact the Delivery Suite, your Community Midwife or GP if you have any questions or concerns.