On 5th July 2018, the NHS is celebrating its 70th birthday. This landmark occasion is being celebrated nationally with major events as well as locally.
In East Sussex we want to recognise the role the local National Health Service has played during that time. We would like your memories and reminiscences of those that have worked in or been treated by the NHS over the last 70 years.
The NHS 70th anniversary is also an opportunity to recognise and thank the thousands of everyday heroes who guide, support and care for patients, day in, day out, in peoples’ own homes or in hospitals.
- Have you got recollections of working for the local NHS or at any of our hospitals (past and present) during the last 70 years?
- Have you been cared for (past and present) by the local NHS or in any of our hospitals and you’d like to share your story?
- Can you share any memories of our hospitals since 1948?
- Do you have any old photos of our hospitals (past and present) or the staff who worked in them?
- Do you have any old uniforms from the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s or 70’s?
- We are especially interested in any memories and photographs from 1948, the year the NHS was founded and those who were born in 1948
- Do you have memories life before the NHS pre 1948?
Please share your memories and photos by emailing the Communications Team by clicking here to or by post to Communications, Eastbourne DGH, Kings Drive Eastbourne BN21 2UD. If you’re sending any original photographs and would like them returned please include your name and contact address. You can also share your memories on its social media channels Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #ESHTNHS70.
For more information please contact the ESHT Communication team – Tel: (01342) 413876.