We provide our services in hospitals, in the community and in your home.
What you can expect
As a patient of ours, you can expect:
- To be given a clear explanation of your condition and the treatment options available to you.
- To be asked for your written permission (called ‘consent’) for any operation or certain procedures after being given all relevant information.
- To be told about your treatment and what procedures are being carried out.
- To be treated with respect and dignity at all times in an environment that is clean.
- To be confident that the information we hold about you will be confidential.
- To get access to your patient records if you would like.
- That we will keep relatives or carers informed of your progress if you want us to.
If you would like an interpreter, please ask before your appointment.
What we ask of you
As a patient of ours, we ask that you please:
- Treat our staff with the same respect you expect them to treat you.
- Provide the information we need about your condition, symptoms or medication so we can provide appropriate care.
- Let us know about any special needs you may have, for example if you require an interpreter.
- Help, as far as possible, in feeding yourself, keeping mobile and with your personal hygiene during any hospital stays.
- Be considerate to other patients.
- Arrange for your own transport to and from your visit, if possible.
- Arrange with your family and friends to take care of your personal laundry, if possible, during any hospital stays.