Mr Bonnici qualified from Sheffield Medical School in 1979 and obtained his fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 1985. He completed his orthopaedic training at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital circuit and spent a year’s fellowship in shoulder and upper limb surgery in Toronto, Canada in 1993. He was appointed consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Eastbourne DGH in 1995.
Mr Bonnici’s main interests are in arthroscopic keyhole surgery of the shoulder, including sports injuries and surgery for dislocation. His other areas of special interest are primary and complex replacement surgery of the shoulder and hip.
- Orthopaedic surgery – lower limb
- Orthopaedic surgery – upper limb
Memberships of Professional Organisations
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the British Shoulder and Elbow Society
- Member of the South Thames Shoulder and Elbow Group