We provide acute hospital and community health services for people living in East Sussex and surrounding areas.
Our services are mainly provided from two district general hospitals, Conquest Hospital and Eastbourne DGH both of which have Emergency Departments and provide care 24 hours a day. They offer a comprehensive range of surgical, medical and maternity services supported by a full range of diagnostic and therapy services.
At Bexhill Hospital we provide outpatients, ophthalmology, rehabilitation and intermediate care services. At Rye, Winchelsea and District Memorial Hospital we provide Outpatient and inpatient intermediate care services. At Firwood House we jointly provide, with Adult Social Care, inpatient intermediate care services. We also provide some services at Uckfield Community Hospital and Lewes Victoria Hospital. Our community staff also provide care in the patient’s own home and from a number of clinics and health centres and GP surgeries.
The role of East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust is to provide the best possible healthcare service to patients, who come first in everything the organisation does.
There are some 525,000 people who live in East Sussex and the Trust is one of the largest organisations in the county. We employ over 6,000 dedicated staff with an annual turnover of £365 million.
- More than 105,000 patients were treated in our Emergency Departments and associated areas for emergency care.
- Almost 3,300 babies were delivered by our midwives and obstetricians.
- More than 97,000 people were provided with hospital care either as inpatients or as day cases.
- More than 390,000 people attended outpatient clinics at our hospitals or outreach centres.
- Over 220,000 patients had contact with our community nurses.
- More than 250,000 people had contact with our health visitors.
- Almost 40,000 people were seen at one of our sexual health clinics.
- More than 270,000 radiological examinations and therapeutic procedures were performed.
- Over 5.8 million pathology tests were performed.
Mission statement, strategic objectives and aims Patients come first at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.
We work in partnership with commissioners, other providers, our staff and volunteers as part of a locally focused and integrated network of health and social care in the county.
Our vision is to be:
- The healthcare provider of first choice for the people of East Sussex.
Our mission is to:
- Deliver better health outcomes and an excellent experience for everyone we provide with healthcare services.
Our strategic objectives are to:
- We will ensure safe patient care is our highest priority by delivering high quality services and clinical outcomes
- We will enhance patient’s experiences by working with local partnerships to meet the needs of our local population
- We will use our resources efficiently and effectively for the benefit of our patients and their care to ensure our services are clinically, operationally and financially sustainable
- We will show that we value our staff by developing them and engaging with them to ensure they have the right skills and knowledge to deliver effective patient care and are involved in decision making.
Our aims are that all services delivered by the Trust are:
- Responsive and
- Well led