We provide acute hospital and community health services for people living in East Sussex and surrounding areas.
Our services are mainly provided from two district general hospitals, Conquest Hospital and Eastbourne DGH both of which have Emergency Departments and provide care 24 hours a day. They offer a comprehensive range of surgical, medical and maternity services supported by a full range of diagnostic and therapy services.
At Bexhill Hospital we provide outpatients, ophthalmology, rehabilitation and intermediate care services. At Rye, Winchelsea and District Memorial Hospital we provide Outpatient and inpatient intermediate care services. At Firwood House we jointly provide, with Adult Social Care, inpatient intermediate care services. We also provide some services at Uckfield Community Hospital and Lewes Victoria Hospital. Our community staff also provide care in the patient’s own home and from a number of clinics and GP surgeries.
The role of East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust is to provide the best possible healthcare service to patients, who come first in everything the organisation does.
There are some 525,000 people who live in East Sussex and the Trust is one of the largest organisations in the county. We employ over 6,000 dedicated staff with an annual turnover of £365 million.
Patients come first at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.
We work in partnership with commissioners, other providers, our staff and volunteers as part of a locally focused and integrated network of health and social care in the county.
To combine community and hospital services to provide safe, compassionate, and high quality care to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of East Sussex.
Our strategic objectives
- Safe patient care is our highest priority. We will provide high quality clinical services that achieve and demonstrate optimum clinical outcomes and provide an excellent care experience for patients.
- All ESHT’s employees will be valued and respected. They will be involved in decisions about the services they provide and offered the training and development that they need to fulfil their roles.
- We will work closely with commissioners, local authority, and other partners to plan and deliver services that meet the needs of our local population in conjunction with other care services.
- We will operate efficiently and effectively, diagnosing and treating patients in timely fashion and expediting their return to health.
- We will use our resources efficiently and effectively for the benefit of our patients and their care to ensure our services are clinically, operationally, and financially sustainable.
Our Values with the involvement of many people from across the organisation are: