NHS emergency services are there for you in emergency and life threatening situations. For medical treatment when it is not an emergency, there are other services available:
- Call 111 for advice and help 24 hours a day
- Go to your GP or use an out-of hours GP service. If you need to see a GP or nurse in the evening or at the weekend, appointments are now available through your GP practice. More information can be found here.
- Visit the NHS website – the biggest health website in the UK
- Find a local Walk-in Centre, Urgent Treatment Centre or Minor Injuries Unit – you don’t need an appointment
- Go to a local or late night pharmacy – they do more than just dispense prescriptions and medicines