Our aim is to provide dignity and care to the deceased patient and their relatives, ensuring we support bereaved families through what is a very distressing and emotional time.
We offer guidance and support to assist you through the practical steps of the process.
The Bereavement team will:
- Co-ordinate the efficient completion of the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death and other relevant paperwork, such as cremation forms
- Keep you informed throughout the proceedings
- Arrange a meeting with you to hand over the completed Medical Certificate of Cause of Death, provide any useful information, offer support and answer any questions you may have
- Look after the deceased patient’s property and return this to the next of kin
- Liaise with outside agencies such as – GPs, Coroner’s Office, Funeral Directors, Registry Office, Crematoria, etc.
You will need to book an appointment prior to visiting the team to ensure they are able to help you.