Please see below a list of resources available at our library. Please contact us if you require any more information.
Library Search Discovery tool
Find journal articles, e-books and clinical information on the NHS Knowledge and Library Hub.
Search and Discover here: NHS Knowledge and Library Hub
Use your NHS OpenAthens account to access more subscribed resources. Click on the yellow ‘Sign in’ line at the top of the page and enter your OpenAthens username and password (if you don’t have an account register at https://openathens.nice.org.uk/ or contact the library service for help).
The website is https://library.nhs.uk/knowledgehub/ (simply click ‘Start your search’).
Read our bulletins to learn more about what resources and services the team offer to support your research, clinical decision-making at point-of-need, and, personal and continued professional development (CPD):
Books and journals
Library books and journals are available at:
- Kent, Surrey and Sussex NHS Libraries
- View medical and surgical e-books and e-journals online at Clinical Key (register here for an OpenAthens account or contact library staff if you have forgotten your password)
- View Oxford Medical Online to access over 120 clinical books (titles include Handbooks, Textbooks and Emergencies in …books). Visit https://oxfordmedicine.com/ and click ‘Sign in via your Institution’ on the left-hand side of the home page – type NHS into the search bar and select ‘NHS in England’ – then log in via OpenAthens – next click on ‘Browse all titles in your subscription’ on the left-hand side of the page.
- View Kortext to access over 100 e-books with a range of subject areas (from health management to key clinical topics) – visit https://read.kortext.com/ – type ‘East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust’ into the ‘Sign in to browse your institution library’ search bar and click return – then log in via OpenAthens
- Contact the library team for a link to access non-clinical e-books at Book Boon (topics include management, Office programs – using Excel and PowerPoint, study skills, wellbeing etc.)
- Search Browzine – our online journal library here: https://browzine.com/libraries/2730/subjects (find journals by subject, title or ISSN)
Contact either library for more information about services and resources.
Library resources and e-resources
Library members have access to a range of resources:
- Anatomy TV (log in for a 3D look at the anatomy)
- BMJ Best Practice
- BNF App
- Clinical Key (log in to access 1,000 medical and surgical e-books, 500 e-journals, images and videos – activate a personal account to gain CME credit)
- ClinicalSkills.Net (access illustrated step-by-step guides to clinical procedures)
- Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical and Cancer Nursing Procedures
To access these resources either log in using your OpenAthens username and password or contact the library for details.
Current awareness services
The library can regularly send you information to keep you up-to-date. News, events, research and best practice in your subject – journal contents pages, bloggs and RSS feeds. Contact library staff for more information.