Please see below a list of resources available at our library. Please contact us if you require any more information.
Library Search Discovery tool
Find journal articles, e-books and clinical information on the NHS Knowledge and Library Hub.
Search and Discover here: NHS Knowledge and Library Hub
Use your NHS OpenAthens account to access more subscribed resources. Click on the yellow ‘Sign in’ line at the top of the page and enter your OpenAthens username and password (if you don’t have an account register at https://openathens.nice.org.uk/ or contact the library service for help).
The website is https://library.nhs.uk/eastsussex (simply click ‘Start your search’).
If you need help with training or literature searches please contact the library.
Training sessions can be either face-to-face or via Microsoft Teams.
Did you know? You can access the following e-learning modules on E-learning for Healthcare?
Critical appraisal – the module will help you build confidence and gain skills in critical appraisal
Literature searching – a range of literature searching modules can be viewed to help you build foundations, develop skills and apply these skills when searching for literature.
Sign in to E-learning for Healthcare with your OpenAthens username and password.
Read our bulletins to learn more about what resources and services the team offer to support your research, clinical decision-making at point-of-need, and, personal and continued professional development (CPD):
Books and journals
Library books and journals are available at:
- Kent, Surrey and Sussex NHS Libraries
- Search for and access books, e-books and journal articles on the NHS Knowledge and Library Hub (sign in via NHS OpenAthens for full access)
- Search Browzine – our online journal library here: https://browzine.com/libraries/2730/subjects (find journals by subject, title or ISSN)
Contact either library for more information about services and resources.
Library resources and e-resources
Library members have access to a range of resources:
- Anatomy TV (log in for a 3D look at the anatomy)
- BMJ Best Practice
- BNF App
- Clinical Key (log in to access 1,000 medical and surgical e-books, 500 e-journals, images and videos – activate a personal account to gain CME credit)
- ClinicalSkills.Net (access illustrated step-by-step guides to clinical procedures)
- Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical and Cancer Nursing Procedures
To access these resources either log in using your OpenAthens username and password or contact the library for details.
Clinical decision support tools
These online clinical decision support tools give healthcare professionals fast and easy access to the latest evidence-based information when making diagnosis and treatment decisions:
All clinical decision support tools can be downloaded as mobile apps on your mobile device.
Current awareness services
The library can regularly send you information to keep you up-to-date. News, events, research and best practice in your subject – journal contents pages, bloggs and RSS feeds. Contact library staff for more information.