The Supportive and Palliative Care Team (SPCT) at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust is a hospital-based team working within Conquest Hospital in Hastings and Eastbourne District General Hospital. The team provides a service to adults with palliative care needs within both acute hospitals and also in the outpatient clinic setting.
The Supportive and Palliative Care Team (SPCT) comprises palliative care consultants and clinical nurse specialists, all with experience in working with patients with life limited illnesses.
The team provides an advisory and advocacy service to patients and staff including:
- Evidence-based, individualised symptom control
- End of life care
- Complex psychosocial care
- Liaison with other specialist palliative care services for people with advanced disease and those close to them
- End of life care education programmes and support
- Monitoring practice and supporting the organisation to provide best evidence based care
- Developing and innovating person centred care
The team does not take over the overall management of patients who are referred, but works alongside the medical and surgical teams in the hospitals caring for that patient and offering specialist advice and assessment.
We are committed to delivering a high-quality service that promotes quality of life, informed patient choice and treats patients and their carers with respect and dignity at all times.