Your child can enjoy the best possible start in life.
We offer to you and your family the Healthy Child Programme. To find out more about this look in your child’s Personal Child Health Record or “red book”.
Once your child starts school the school nursing team will provide care for the health and well-being of children 4 to 5 to 19 and their families.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles
- Achieve population immunity through increased update of immunisations
- Increased breastfeeding
- Appropriate infant nutrition and lifestyle changes to tackle rising obesity and related illnesses later in life
- Improve maternal mental health and well-being enabling strong early attachment and infant emotional well-being
- Improved school readiness
- Reduced number of children requiring formal safeguarding arrangements- achieved through early identification and intervention
- Increased access to evidence based interventions through the HCP to children and families and tailored to meet specific needs