Paediatric (Children’s) Audiology provides a comprehensive, family friendly, integrated screening, diagnostic and rehabilitation service, for babies and children with hearing difficulties.
Visiting restrictions - essential visitors only
To help us keep our patients, staff and visitors safe, stop the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) and keep our hospitals running, we are restricting visiting to essential visitors only – click here for more information
In Line with Government Guidelines and for the safety staff and patients, all face-to-face Audiology appointments and services have stopped at all of our sites
If you have an appointment you will be contacted by a member of the team in due course.
If you require hearing aid batteries or tubing, please send a Stamped Addressed Envelope with your request and book to the Audiology Department.
Batteries can also be purchased online from retailers if needed.
If you need to contact the department in one of the following ways (please be patient as lines are expected to be busier than usual):
(01323) 413783 / (01323) 444187 / 0300 131 4535
Please do not attend any of our Audiology locations as you will not be able to enter the department.
You can access self-help videos online at from C 2 Hear Online – click here>>
- newborn hearing screening and follow up diagnostic assessments
- electro-physiological assessment under natural sleep, sedation or general anaesthetic
- behavioural hearing assessments
- full investigation of hearing loss including processing disorders
- management of sudden hearing loss (e.g. meningitis)
- Digital hearing aid fitting, programming and follow up
If a child is suspected of having hearing difficulties, the first point of contact should be with their health visitor or GP.
Venues providing the service
- Conquest Hospital – sound proof
- Crowborough War Memorial Hospital – non sound treated (school age only)
- Eastbourne Park Practice – sound treated
- Eastbourne District General Hospital – sound proof
- Heathfield (community base) – sound treated
- Lewes (Orchard House, Lewes Victoria Hospital) – non sound treated (school age only)
- Ore (children’s integrated therapies) – sound treated
- Rye, Winchelsea and District Memorial Hospital – non sound treated (school age only)
- Uckfield Community Hospital – non sound treated (school age only)