10 reasons why you should live and work in Sussex:
- Its natural beauty: Sussex has some fantastic natural features such as the Seven Sisters National Park, and many areas of outstanding natural beauty that include the medieval heathland and forests of the High Weald.
- Its beaches and harbours: Hastings still boasts the largest beach-launched fishing fleet in Europe, as well as the UK’s steepest funicular. Meanwhile, Eastbourne offers a traditional Victorian seafront combined with the Sovereign Harbour marina.
- Places to stay: There’s a rich array of accommodation options, ranging from the five star Grand Hotel on Eastbourne seafront to quaint B&Bs set amid beautiful Sussex countryside.
- Its weather: Often referred to as ‘The Sunshine Coast’, both Eastbourne and Hastings regularly top the UK list for locations that enjoy the most hours of sunshine.
- Birthplace of English History: The legacy of the Battle of Hastings still colours the entire town and the remains of William the Conqueror’s first English castle still stand today.
- Its travel connections: London is just over two hours away by car or train, whilst Gatwick Airport, Eurostar and regular ferry crossings allow easy access to mainland Europe.
- Its White Cliffs coastline: The stunning and world famous White Cliff coastline includes the iconic Beachy Head and The Seven Sisters, as well as Seaford Head and Hope Gap.
- Its places of cultural interest: East Sussex offers a rich array of culture, with art galleries such as the Jerwood Gallery in Hastings and the Towner Gallery in Eastbourne and an array of theatre and entertainment venues such as the De La Warr Pavillion in Bexhill, Congress and Deveonshire Park Theatres in Eastbourne and the White Rock Theatre in Hastings.
- Its open spaces: Explore the beautiful South Downs Way, 1066 Country Walk, The Weald Way and the picturesque villages of Alfriston, Lewes, Rye, Hartfield and Burwash.
- Its festivals: To name but a few, these include Glyndbourne Opera Festival, the Lewes Bonfire Celebrations, Hastings Pirate Day and Eastbourne’s Airbourne international air show ten reasons to live and work in East Sussex
Come and join us – work in East Sussex!