Our volunteering opportunities are available for those aged 18 and over.
You don’t need previous experience in a health setting to join our volunteer team but we do require people commit to volunteering for at least one session per week over a minimum six month period.
We understand that while some volunteers enjoy being with our patients, others may prefer a different type of role. Whatever your previous experience we’d love to hear from you.
Our volunteers are involved in all kinds of tasks
- Chat and interact with activities with our inpatients
- Drive around East Sussex delivering medication for our cancer patients
- Look after our hospital courtyards and gardens
- Usher staff in our vaccination hubs
- Offer fresh drinks to staff and patients
- Telephone support for our discharged patients and sign post to local community support services
- Meet and greet visitors and patients at our hospital reception areas
- Use tablets to ask for feedback on our Trust services
Welcome to the team
Our Voluntary Services teams are based at most of our sites across East Sussex.
The main volunteering activity is at Conquest Hospital, Eastbourne DGH and Bexhill and Rye community hospitals.
- Our volunteering roles are designed to make maximum impact on the wellbeing of our patients and staff
- We’re a welcoming, friendly team always looking for new volunteers to join us
- Volunteering is a wonderful way to give a little of your time each week to help your local community
We do not manage the work experience or placements programme. For further information, contact the Apprenticeship and Work Experience Team – email@example.com