Our voluntary services teams are based at Bexhill Hospital, Conquest Hospital, Eastbourne District General Hospital and Rye, Winchelsea and District Memorial Hospital.
You don’t need previous experience in a health setting to join our volunteer team but we do require people to commit to volunteering for at least one session per week over a minimum six-month period. Volunteers are here to make a positive impact on the wellbeing of our patients and staff.
We understand that while some volunteers enjoy being with our patients, others may prefer a different type of role.
Our volunteers are involved in all kinds of tasks:
- Chat and interact with activities with our inpatients
- Drive around East Sussex delivering medication for our cancer patients
- Look after our hospital courtyards and gardens
- Offer drinks to staff and patients
- Telephone support for our discharged patients and signposting to local community support services
- Meet and greet visitors and patients at our hospital reception areas
- Ask for feedback on our services
If you are 18 and over, whatever your previous experience, we’d love to hear from you.