The trust is committed to equality of opportunity, treatment and behaviour, employment, promotion and development.
We are proud of our diverse workforce who are representative of the communities we serve and support us in the delivery of our equality agenda.
Our equality objectives 2022-2024
Protecting our staff
- Ensuring that workplace environments are free from bullying or intimidating behaviour, violence and aggression.
- Increasing workforce representation at all levels and positive reports of staff experience about equality of opportunity, as measured through the staff survey.
- Delivering on our commitments in the national workforce race and disability equality standards, and the aspirational targets for multicultural staff.
Building an inclusive culture
- Making sure that people feel comfortable to be themselves and feel that they belong.
- Continuing development of inclusive leaders and allies.
Supporting staff to tailor care towards cultural needs
- Supporting staff to recognise and tailor care towards people’s cultural needs and attend to social and health inequalities.