There are a large range of factors that must be taken into consideration with such a large building project across the three hospital sites, some of which are considered non-negotiable. All decisions have been made to meet the current and future needs of our population, and to improve care outcomes, particularly of older people.
Our six fixed points
- Services at Conquest Hospital and Eastbourne DGH: we will continue to provide services on two hospital sites as it will be the best way to meet the current and future needs of our local population
- Acute and community provider: we will continue to deliver acute and community care as we believe this best meets the healthcare needs of our population
- Urgent Care on two sites: we will provide appropriate urgent care at Conquest Hospital and Eastbourne DGH to best meet the needs of our population, particularly the frail and elderly
- Trauma unit at Conquest Hospital: we will retain our trauma unit at Conquest in order to continue to meet our obligations under the Sussex Trauma Network
- Obstetric services at Conquest Hospital: we will continue to deliver obstetrician-led services at Conquest Hospital
- Clinical Oncology: we will deliver clinical oncology a both our main hospital sites to ensure we can meet the needs of our population