To help us keep our patients, staff and visitors safe, and to stop the spread of Coronavirus, visiting restrictions are in place.
Typically this means:
- One visitor per inpatient for a maximum of one hour each day, between 2.00pm to 7.00pm
- Visits must be pre-booked by phoning – Tel: 0300 131 4500 and ask for the ward you wish to visit or visiting our wards at Conquest Hospital page or wards at Eastbourne DGH where some individual ward direct dial numbers are available
- Visiting may be further restricted in wards where we are caring for Covid-19 patients, for patients who are self-isolating in protected areas before and after planned surgery, those who are shielding or deemed clinically vulnerable.
- Children under 16 are not allowed to visit, except in exceptional circumstances, which you should discuss with the nurse in charge
- We will always try to facilitate essential visitors, for example visits to those at the end of life or visits from carers with a carer’s passport or a carer’s card, although a discussion may be needed with the ward about how this can be done safely
- In outpatient areas an in our Emergency Departments we ask that you attend your appointment on your own where possible to avoid overcrowding in waiting rooms.
All visitors need to wear a face covering for the duration of their visit. For further information about face coverings, click here.
The is subject to change and may differ from ward to ward. It will be for the matron or nurse in charge of the ward or area to agree how visiting arrangements can be met. Please contact the ward or area for the most up to date details.
Please bear with us, we are experiencing a high number of calls at the moment, so it may take you a little longer to get through. We are working to rectify this.
Our top priority is to protect you, our staff and our community. This means that when you visit, there will be some new protection measures in place. We ask for your support in keeping everyone safe:
- You should not come into hospital if you have Covid-19 symptoms or any health concerns
- Please wear a face covering at all times when you are inside the hospital. For further information about face coverings, click here.
- If you are in an at-risk group (anyone over 70, who has an underlying health condition, is pregnant or shielding) you are advised not to visit
- Please enter and leave through the main hospital entrance only
- Clean your hands with the alcohol gel provided when entering and leaving the hospital and the ward
- Please bring as few bags, coats and other loose belongings with you as possible
- Please stay at least two metres away from other people at all times
- You may be asked to leave the ward during your visit. This may be because your relative or another patient requires treatment or if an emergency occurs
We recommend that you use digital services such as Facetime, Skype, Zoom and WhatsApp to stay in touch with loved ones during their hospital stay, to minimise the risk of spreading or contracting the virus. We have tablets (with Zoom available) on our wards for use by patients who do not have a smartphone or other mobile device.