NHS 70th – Buchanan Hospital

The Buchanan Homeopathic Ophthalmic and Cottage Hospital was founded in 1880.

It was located in Southwater Road, St. Leonard’s on Sea between 1881- 84, and then relocated to Springfield Road, St Leonard’s on Sea. Before it closed in 1983, the hospital was the main maternity hospital with special care baby unit and women’s services.

Buchanan Hospital photos