Princess Alice Memorial Hospital was situated in Carew Road, Eastbourne.
It was named after HRH Princess Alice the sister of King Edward VII. It was opened on 5th July 1983 by Prince and Princess of Wales, later King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra, four years after the death of Princess Alice (she had spent some of her last months in Eastbourne).
Before it moved under the control of the NHS in 1948, the hospital was a general voluntary hospital primarily funded through a public appeal, subscriptions, local taxes and fundraising activities. The hospital closed to patients when the DGH opened and was demolished in the early 2000s.