Frank Shaw Ward is situated on Level 1 at Conquest Hospital. It has a 5-bedded Transitional Care Bay (midwives are responsible for the mothers and SCBU nurses for the babies).
- B Bay – has four beds and is used for the C-section mothers so they are close by for monitoring
- C Bay – four bedded postnatal
- D Bay – four bedded postnatal
- F Bay – has four beds and is used for the C-Section mothers so they are close by for monitoring
- In addition there are three side rooms available.
The midwives provide individualised postnatal care to women. Transitional care for the neonates is provided by the Nurses from SCBU. Midwives provide postnatal care to the mother whose baby is receiving transitional care. The length of stay for a postnatal woman can be between six hours and five days.
For more information please visit our Maternity pages.
Frank Shaw Ward is on Level 1 (please see map).